Friday, December 10, 2010
Dolphin Press & Print is a unique collaborative print studio that is designed to bring visual artists and writers together to work with students, producing limited-edition letterpressed books, broadsides and editioned prints in a variety of print media.
The Dolphin Press Internship Program provides MICA students with curricula-based professional development skills and allows students to interact with one another and with the Visiting Artist Programming connected with the press.
Have not applied yet going to submit in spring semester
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- So many people don't know what they want
- you need to know exactly what you want to get it
- She paints with her back to the world
- She asks her self what am i going to do next?
- Agnes Martin talks about how she will not start a painting until the inspiration has come to her
- people have to many ideas, so their initial inspiration gets contaminated
- The highest form of art is music, people respond to it emotionally, it is completely abstract
- You can't think you are going to beat any one else, you must want the painting and want it to appeal to others
- if you think about yourself, you are going to make mistakes
- she waits three days to decides if a piece is finished
- Happiest moment is when her paintings go out into the world her responsibility is done.
- To be happy you must do what makes you happy in life
- She stops thinking, just lets everything go. Doesn't believe in intellectuals and facts
- doesn't believe in evolution or any theory
- clear minded, so you can see an idea when it comes to you
- susan sontag talks about how the interpretation of art is lost.
- that interpretation will differ with generation and cultural aspects
- when people over analyze, they loose the meaning or original message that was trying to be portrayed
- you should focus more on the accusal art and less on content